The Virginia Goodwill Network (VGN) is a consortium of five regional Goodwill organizations to provide collaborative workforce development programs and services to tens of thousands of Virginians each year.
Collaborating to build our capacity to help Virginians work.
All Virginians have opportunities to work.
Leadership, Collaboration founded in trust, Commitment to excellence, Flexibility and innovation that make Goodwill competitive, Transparent, Respectful communication.
The members represent all areas of Virginia:
- Goodwill of Greater Washington (Northern Virginia)
- Horizon Goodwill, Hagerstown, MD (Winchester area)
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys (headquartered in Roanoke, serving Western, Central, and Southside, VA)
- Goodwill of Central & Coastal Virginia (headquartered in Richmond, serving the communities of Hampton Roads and central Virginia)
- Rappahannock Goodwill Industries(Fredericksburg)
- Goodwill of South Central Virginia (Danville)
The VGN was formed with the vision that all Virginians should have the opportunity to work.
Today, in addition to serving thousands of individuals through our diverse employment programs and placement services, we offer hiring and retention solutions for employers and provide a positive economic impact on our communities. Throughout our state Virginia Goodwill Network members operate hundreds of retail stores, employing thousands of Virginians; while repurposing goods through our donated goods programs, keeping millions of pounds of material out of Virginia landfills each year.
So as you can see, Goodwill is much more than a major thrift store retailer. Our retail stores and other business enterprises serve to fund our true mission: helping others overcome obstacles to employment so they may find their purpose, reach their highest level of self-sufficiency, and become productive members of our community.
2016 VGN Statistics
The Virginia Goodwill Network is an economic engine for the communities we serve.
- VGN had a $785.2 million impact on both Virginia business success and tax revenues to government.*
- There are 106 Goodwill retail stores operated by VGN members with sales of over $107.7 million.
- VGN members kept over 95.2 million pounds of material out of Virginia landfills through salvage and recycling efforts, including selling in our retail stores.
- Goodwills in the VGN returned over $9.5 million in sales and employment taxes to the Commonwealth and the localities we serve.
- Goodwill employs 4,781 Virginians.
- More than 8,100 individuals facing employment challenges were placed into jobs through Goodwill programs.
- The average wage at placement for an individual participating in a Goodwill program is $10.82 per hour.
- Individuals trained by Goodwill serve 45 different industries including miscellaneous manufacturing, administrative support, food services, retail trade, and health care.*
*Pollack Report Spring 2016
The Employ Excellence program is designed to enhance an employee’s ability to interact and work effectively with teammates and managers by exploring and capitalizing on key aspects of emotional intelligence.